Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..." -Dr. Seuss, Oh the Places You'll Go...

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Exploring the music scene

On Friday, I, along with many friends, went to a Goldfish concert at Trinity, a club in Seapoint that opened about two months ago. The concert was an enormous amount of fun and the venue was awesome. I didn't know what to expect when going to the concert, but I had heard that I have to see Goldfish when in South Africa because they're amazing.


Goldfish is an electronic duo that plays various instruments, such as the flute and cello, and features several different vocalists. They're huge in South Africa, but haven't spread much to other countries, but I'm sure when the U.S. gets word of them, Goldfish will be everyone's new favorite artist.






Get Busy Living, Goldfish


In general, many South Africans seem to listen to American music. The clubs and bars are full of hip hop, pop and rap songs from the states. Justin Bieber even has a whole fan base here in South Africa. I have been able to pick up on a couple of South African artists however and regularly hear songs by Locnville, Crazy White Boy and Liquideep, a South African house music artist. I am planning to explore more South African music, and am excited to discover more South African artists while I'm here.


Alone, Liquideep

No comments:

Post a Comment