Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..." -Dr. Seuss, Oh the Places You'll Go...

Monday, June 6, 2011

It's the final countdown...

Rounding out the end of the semester, all of the RAs worked together to organize our "Farewell Dinner" on Friday, May 20. Everyone dressed up and met at Tugwell (the Jammie bus stop on Lower Campus) to be driven to the "secret location." We ended up at a country club-like place just 10 minutes away and from there ate dinner in the ballroom, drank wine, and danced like it was our high school prom.

Some people, particularly the RAs, were emotional (especially Martina) because this was the beginning of all of the goodbyes and a realization that the semester is coming to an end. I, on the other hand, felt that it wasn't yet time to get emotional about leaving because we still had a good three weeks of time to study, take finals, explore the last bits of Cape Town and enjoy each other's company. 

Now, that I'm finally posting this blog entry, it's June 6 and the goodbyes have truly began. When I see people now, I'm wondering if I'm going to see them again before leaving or see them ever again in life. This semester has been more than I imagined and I hate to leave Cape Town, but at the same time, I'm ready to go. Three days left until I depart...

African Dance class showing what they've learned this semester.

Me, Tyra (a friend of a friend's), and Masha sitting at our dinner table.

High school prom.

Masha, Matt and me.

Highstead (well, half of us): a house full of 30 crazy and fun people!

No comments:

Post a Comment