Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..." -Dr. Seuss, Oh the Places You'll Go...

Thursday, June 9, 2011

On to the next adventure...

For my last day in Cape Town, I decided to take it easy, blog a bit (obviously) and go up to the Rhodes Memorial just behind campus. From there, there is a beautiful view of Cape Town. I went up there by myself and took some time to look out onto the amazing city, which I know so much more about now than I did five and a half months ago when I arrived. 




I'm very ready to go, but sad to leave Cape Town. I will definitely be coming back to Cape Town and hopefully to other parts of South Africa as well. I realized while studying abroad that there is so much left for me to see. I want to visit so many countries in Africa alone, and then there's the rest of the world for me to tackle. 


I'm now moving on to my next adventure in Boston where I'll be the national news desk intern at the Christian Science Monitor for the summer. I have a whole new city to explore for the next two months.


Cape Town: I've learned so much, and could learn so much more. I've absorbed so much culture and interacting with so many different people. See you again later in life...

No comments:

Post a Comment