Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..." -Dr. Seuss, Oh the Places You'll Go...

Monday, June 6, 2011

Winter weather in Cape Town is no joke.

For the past couple of weeks now, the weather in Cape Town has been less than enjoyable. Unlike the warm, sunny and breezy weather in January, February and March, winter weather in Cape Town consists of torrential rain, coldness, gusty winds, cloudy, grey skies and the occasional part of a day when there is a hint of sunshine. Now, I have to give myself a pep talk before leaving the house, especially going out at night. My house doesn't have central heating, so I make do with a small, square wall heater in my room that really only works if I keep my door closed at all times of the day. For some reason, the house traps cold air and most of the time, it is warmer outside than inside the house. I love Cape Town of course, but winter Cape Town is just not as much fun.

Here is an example of this awful weather: the tree in our driveway is now split in half and broken, because of one night full of gusty winds and torrential rain.


No comments:

Post a Comment